Monday 16 September 2013

Zip Lining!

One last update before I head back to Merazonia for the week. Today was my day off so Daniel, another guy volunteering with me, and I came to a nearby town named BaƱos, which has tons of businesses offering ´extreme activities´ like paragliding, bungee jumping, white water rafting, canyoning (rappelling down a waterfall) and zip lining. One of the businesses offered a 4 activity package but unfortunately we didn´t have time because our bus leaves at 630 so we decided to go for zip lining since it only took 2 hours. We´ll be able to do the other stuff on other off days.

Needless to say it was the coolest thing Ive ever done, hands down. It only cost $25 and we were driven up higher into the mountains, where we were geared up and given instructions. There were 2 workers that were with us at all times so we always felt safe, never felt sketchy or dangerous. There were 6 lines, some were short (200m) and a couple were longer (more like 600m). Crazily enough I hung upside down for one haha, and most of them I went with my arms out in the ´superman position´ like you´re flying. It felt so surreal to be going over rivers, through the mountains, over trees. I'm so thankful I came to this country, and specifically this part of it, because it´s incredibly beautiful. I will be hard pressed to find scenery that tops this. Daniel took some pictures so unfortunately like everything else I won´t be able to show you what it looked like until I get home!

No comments:

Post a Comment